Hugo Colorado is the County Seat for Lincoln County and is small town living at its very best. When the railroad reached Hugo around 1870, it became a division point on the line and a hotel, eating house, water tank and roundhouse were built to accommodate both travelers and railroad workers.
A myriad of amenities that you just can’t find in many towns on Colorado’s High Plains.
- Full service community hospital and nursing home
- Assisted living home
- Full service grocery store that provides delivery on Fridays
- School for pre-school through high school with very dedicated teachers
- Lumber yard and hardware store
- Three restaurants
- A convenience store
- Farm Gas for fuel and propane
- Motel and Bed & Breakfast
- Two auto repair shops
- Three gift shops
- Two bars
- Liquor store
- Eastern Slope Telephone Company provides phone and high speed internet service
- K.C Electric billing office is located in town
- Water, Sewer and Trash Services are provided by the Town of Hugo
- Municipal pool
- We rely upon our Marshall's Office and volunteer fire department and ambulance, all staffed by dedicated and well trained responders
We have a Baptist Church, Catholic Church, Lutheran Church, and a United Methodist Church located in town.
Organizations working to enhance our community:
- Lions Club
- Hugo Improvement Partnership
- Hugo Economic Development Group
- Prairie Horizons
- Summer baseball
- Girl scouts
- Boy Scouts
Building in Hugo is inexpensive and affordable.
- Building permit is $20.00
- We do not enforce any model building codes
- standard residential water tap fee is $250 includes meter and water to property line
- standard 4” sewer tap is also $250.
Stop by and visit with us if you want to live and work in the friendliest community on the High Plains of Colorado.
Contact our Town Hall, at 719-743-2485 for more information about all the opportunities available in Hugo.